Send application and resume to: Rosemarie Kleitz, Broome County Council of Churches, 3 Otseningo St, Binghamton, NY 13903
One position available at the Council of Churches!!
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 1st, 2017
POSITION TITLE: Shuttle Companion
POSITION STATUS: Part-Time, 16 hrs/wk
SUPERVISOR: CHOW® Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Oversees and assists the safe and reliable transportation to local grocery stores for community members living in Broome County food deserts.
- Oversees the transportation of residents currently living in identified food deserts to grocery stores
- Assist residents with safely entering and exiting the shuttle
- Engage with residents and seek feedback on shuttle service improvements
- Track specified metrics such as clients served and pounds of food purchased
- Maintain a safe, professional, courteous and friendly environment for clients utilizing the shuttle services
- Maintain a clean environment for clients during their time spent in the shuttle, ensure that shuttle van is cleaned and gassed up at the end of each day
- Promptly report any mechanical issues with the shuttle to the CHOW Director
- Promptly report any accidents or traffic infractions to the CHOW Director
- Maintain a valid NYS driver’s license
- Other duties as assigned.
Valid, clean NYS driver’s license is required.
Requires the ability to read, write, understand job instructions and match numbers. Needs to have a high school diploma or GED. Must have the ability to navigate Broome County safely and efficiently in a van-sized vehicle. Needs to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, and dependability. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained. Must have ability to drive for long periods of time. Ability to lift 25 pounds desired.
WORK SETTING: Riding in a vehicle for extended periods of time. Grocery store settings. Some office work.