Send application and resume to: Rosemarie Kleitz, Broome County Council of Churches, 3 Otseningo St, Binghamton, NY 13903
Two job openings at the Council of Churches!!
1. CHOW® Agency Services Coordinator
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 28th, 2017
POSITION TITLE: CHOW® Agency Services Coordinator
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time (37 ½ hrs), Non-Exempt
PROGRAM: CHOW/Broome Bounty
SUPERVISOR: CHOW Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Receives general supervision. Manages all Broome Bounty and Pantry agency files, assures agency compliance. Schedules and conducts agency site visits. Oversees agency use of Primarius software. Maintains contact with agencies and assures timely distribution of excess product.
- Manage agency files, assure compliance
- Schedule and conduct agency site visits.
- Be available to assist agency personnel with CHOW® related issues.
- Hosts quarterly agency meetings.
- Process CHOW pantry and Broome Bounty referrals.
- Receives referrals for food assistance from county agencies
- Inputs referrals into CHOW referral database
- Works with the family in need to connect them with available CHOW pantries and Broome Bounty Programs
- Sends referral to selected CHOW Pantry/Broome Bounty Programs
- Receive and record monthly volunteer hours.
- Receive and record monthly statistics from all CHOW/Broome Bounty agencies.
- Process and distribute WIC referrals.
- Required to drive Council vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires the ability to read, write, understand job instructions, and use a variety of software packages such as for spreadsheets and databases. Needs to have a high school diploma or GED. Valid clean NYS drivers license is required. Needs to have good communication skills including ability to persuade others in securing cooperation and/or resolving problems. Needs to be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
Works in an office setting. Is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. When required, needs to be able to spend significant amounts of time in front of a computer terminal keyboarding data.
2. Administrative/Finance Assistant
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 24, 2017
POSITION TITLE: Administrative/Finance Assistant
POSITION STATUS: Non-Exempt, Part Time (25 hrs/week)
SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance and HR Mgmt
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under general supervision, maintains a high standard of performance in all phases of reception and finance responsibilities. Greets visitors, volunteers and personnel in a pleasant and professional manner to exemplify the standards of the Broome County Council of Churches.
- Answers phone calls and provides accurate information to caller. When necessary routes the caller to the appropriate department.
- Greets visitors, staff and others in a professional and courteous manner, addressing their needs or directing them to the appropriate department or person.
- Maintains and orders all office supplies and meeting room/kitchen supplies.
- Assists in office bulk mailings.
- Copies all daily donations for use by the Finance Department. Makes additional copies for Executive Director and/or Program Director as needed.
- Assists in coding and entering Accounts Payable invoices.
- Assists Director of Finance and HR in areas of general accounting.
- Processes recurring monthly credit card donations.
- Applies for quarterly fuel sales tax refund.
- On a monthly basis, processes postage and copier usage and enter journal entry into Financial Edge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills with the ability to operate a multi-line telephone console.
- Must be well organized and able to multitask.
- Good oral and written communication skills necessary.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products, including Outlook.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and familiarity with accounts payable.
- Experience with merging files preferred.
- Needs to be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability.
- Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.