The Helping Our People in Emergencies (HOPE) Program assists individuals and families in true emergencies. This is a program administered by the Broome County Council of Churches on behalf of the sponsoring congregations. Clients must be referred by one of the sponsoring congregations.
Situations assisted by HOPE:
- Utilities assistance – Shut Off notice necessary
- Life saving prescription medications
- Emergency housing for domestic abuse victims
- CHOW® Referrals
- Personal Care Items – including infant care, children’s needs, etc.
Situations not eligible for HOPE Assistance:
- Rental Assistance
- Travel (except domestic abuse victims)
- Car repairs
- Gasoline – except under extreme circumstances
- Bus Tickets – except in cooperation with BC3 Jail Ministry
- Cab Fair
- Purchase of consumable goods – including automobile parts
- Situations where a request can be filled by another agency