Since 1996, Faith in Action has mobilized a network of volunteers to provide care partnerships in the greater Binghamton area. Today, we have over 300 registered care receivers and 100 registered volunteer caregivers.
Faith in Action provides free, non-medical programs for people 60+ and volunteer opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Transportation to Medical Appointments
- Grocery Day
- Friendly Visits
- Inclusive Social & Cultural Programming
Click here to find out how to get involved as a FIA Volunteer!
A Faith in Action volunteer enjoys building relationships, empowering others and being empowered. All are welcomed to join our mission!
As a volunteer, you will be invited to join us for continuing education workshops, cultural events and many other exciting opportunities.
Volunteer Tasks and Activities
Our volunteers and participants enjoy building relationships while being active, engaged and involved in our community.
Here are some ways that you can be involved:
- Provide transportation to medical appointments and/or Grocery Day
- Pay a Friendly Visit to one of our participants
- Attend our continuing education workshops
- Facilitate a cultural program
- Start a chapter of Faith in Action at your school or organization
- Organize a fundraiser to help support our mission
- Join our fundraising committees
If you are interested in volunteering for our program, we ask that you complete a Faith in Action Volunteers application to help us get to know you.
Once we have reviewed your application, you will be invited to attend a 1 ½ hour orientation session, where you will learn more about us.
Orientations are held on a regular basis at the Broome County Council of Churches.