Since 1996, Faith in Action has mobilized a network of volunteers to provide care partnerships in the greater Binghamton area. Today, we have over 300 registered care receivers and 100 registered volunteer caregivers.
Faith in Action provides free, non-medical programs for people 60+ and volunteer opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Click here to find out how to get involved as a FIA Volunteer!
A Faith in Action volunteer enjoys building relationships, empowering others and being empowered. All are welcomed to join our mission!
Volunteer Tasks and Activities
Our volunteers and participants enjoy building relationships while being active, engaged and involved in our community.
Here are some ways that you can be involved:
- Provide transportation to medical appointments and/or grocery shopping
- Volunteer to shop from a list or become a shopper for the Shopper Program
- Pay a friendly visit to one of our participants
- Complete small household chores or repairs for a care receiver
- Help facilitate Chop & Chat or Sip & Chat activities
- Organize a fundraiser to help support our mission
- Join our fundraising committees
- Organize a fundraiser or build team for Ramp It Up
If you are interested in volunteering for our program, we ask that you complete a Faith in Action Volunteers application to help us get to know you. Link to FIAV application
Once we have reviewed your application, you will be invited to attend a 1 hour orientation session, where you will learn more about us. You will also be asked to supply information for a background check. Orientations are held on a regular basis at the Broome County Council of Churches.