Have you ever felt called to be a volunteer pastoral visitor? Can you make a year commitment of 100 hours?
Your duties would be to visit an assigned unit at either Wilson Hospital or Binghamton General Hospital for the purpose of offering the spiritual component to a patient and his or her family.
There would be opportunities:
- to serve one-on-one with a diverse group of people whose health range from terminal illness to almost well.
- to visit with patients and families; listening to their spoken communication and observing their unspoken cues.
- to offer whatever service is appropriate.
- to sit with them.
- to validate their feelings.
- to respond to their concerns.
- to pray.
Our ecumenical team is comprised of chaplains and trained lay volunteers. Would you like to join us?