Have you ever felt called to be a volunteer pastoral visitor? Can you make a year commitment of 50 hours?
Your duties would be to visit an assigned unit at Wilson Hospital for the purpose of offering the spirital component to a patient and his or her family.
There would be opportunities:
- to serve one-on-one with a diverse group of people whose health range from terminal illness to almost well.
- to visit with patients and families; listening to their spoken communication and observing their unspoken cues.
- to offer whatever service is appropriate.
- to sit with them.
- to validate their feelings.
- to respond to their concerns.
- to pray.
Our ecumenical team is comprised of chaplains and trained lay volunteers. Would you like to join us?