Nearly 100 volunteers are the backbone of this ministry. These dedicated people conduct many group and individual activities both religious and secular, and they may be inside the jail or outside at either the Council Offices or in a building of an affiliated organization. Due to security screening the process of obtaining clearances for the jail does take some time, but often one can volunteer much quicker in programs based at an external location.
Volunteers are always needed to assist in a variety of ways such as:
- Worship services
- Bible study groups
- One-On-One Visitation
- Literacy Programs
- Life skills
- 12 step Addiction Recovery Groups
- Celebrate Recovery Groups
- Retry services
- Family Support Groups
- Christmas projects for children of inmates
- Christmas projects for inmates.
- The “Prayerole Board”, the official prayer ministry arm of the Jail Ministry