POSITION TITLE: Broome Bounty Food Recovery Driver
POSITION STATUS: Full Time, 40 hrs, Non-Exempt
PROGRAM: CHOW/Broome Bounty
SUPERVISOR: CHOW & Donor Relations Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Receives general supervision. Supports the smooth operation of the warehouse by delivering and picking up food.
- Drive CHOW/Broome Bounty trucks to pick-up and deliver food.
- Verify records of all food picked up and delivered to ensure accuracy.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Assist as needed in all warehouse operations to ensure safety and efficiency in all aspects of product distribution.
- Maintain all BC3 vehicles.
- Assist with facility maintenance.
- Represent CHOW/Broome Bounty in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires the ability to read, write, understand job instructions, match numbers, and maintain inventory records. Needs to have a high school diploma or GED. Valid clean NYS drivers license is required. Needs to have good communication skills including ability to persuade others in securing cooperation and/or resolving problems. Needs to be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability. Needs to practice professionalism and project respectful behavior at all in-house and community job functions. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained. Ability to lift 50 pounds necessary.
Works in a warehouse setting. Needs to be able to spend significant amounts of time driving a vehicle.