One job opening at The Council of Churches!
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 7th, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Program Coordinator
POSITION STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt (20 hours/week)
SUPERVISOR: FIA Program Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To support the smooth operation of Faith in Action by coordinating programming in the office and the community
- Act as a liaison between Faith in Action and clients, volunteers and the general public
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers to assist with programing
- Maintain program records (volunteer hours, attendance, survey responses, finances, etc) using Excel spreadsheets or Google sheets
- Obtain and organize materials necessary for programs
- Facilitate program sessions in the community
- Assist in the scheduling office when necessary
- Provide help in program outreach and fundraising when necessary
- Other duties as they arise
- High School diploma, GED, or higher.
- Basic understanding of computers including Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Good communication skills (written and spoken) with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of personalities
- Demonstrate flexibility in roles when necessary
- Adaptability to new and changing circumstances
- Utilize problem solving skills when necessary
- Ability to interact with clients, volunteers and the public in a caring and pleasant manner
- Meet deadlines with efficiency and a high quality of work
- Valid NYS driver’s license and background check
- Office setting with significant amounts of time on a computer and/or telephone, when necessary
- In the community when providing programs and services
Total Home Deliveries
Number of Food Boxes Distributed in Broome County!
BC Council of Churches has received the prestigious Charity Navigator 4-star rating for sound fiscal management & commitment to accountability & transparency. Click here to view full rating.