Three job openings at The Council of Churches!
- POSITION TITLE: Director of Hospital Ministry
POSITION STATUS: Half-Time, Exempt (25 Hours/Week)
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Receives limited supervision. Provide regular visitation and support of non-affiliated patients.
- Regularly visit non-affiliated patients.
- Remain on-call for emergencies and traumas (must be able to respond within 30 minutes of being called to either Wilson Memorial or Binghamton General Hospitals).
- Routinely visit trauma, bereavement counseling and support groups (AIDS related and bereavement).
- Pastoral counseling with family and patients.
- Spiritually support hospital staff.
- Maintain records of patients visited, parishes and congregations interfaced with and hours of service.
- Maintain chapel and be available for weddings, funerals, and baptisms.
- Accept public speaking engagements on behalf of the program and the Broome County Council of Churches.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires CPE with MDiv or Bachelors Degree in congruent field with CPE.
- Needs to have good communication skills including ability to persuade others in securing cooperation and/or resolving problems.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high motivation.
- Needs to be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability.
- Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment
Works primarily in a hospital setting.
2. POSITION TITLE: Work Advocate
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, 35/week, Non-Exempt 5hrs/week Development
PROGRAM: CHOW /Broome Bounty
SUPERVISOR: CHOW Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Acts as a liaison to ensure job trainees have access to required services, tracks progress of each trainee and ensures effective and efficient communication about trainee progress to BCDSS and other community partners.
- Provide professional and prompt responses to inquiries from applicants and BCDSS
- Improve and administer the professional process for tracking and reporting trainee progress
- Ensure that every communication is focused and in line with our Vision, Mission and Values
- Gain thorough knowledge of existing community services to increase each trainee’s chance to gain employment and work towards self-sufficiency
- Schedule and provide individual case management for each trainee
- In partnership with the CHOW Director, develop, monitor, track, report and enhance all aspects of trainee application, orientation, job skills training progress and the obtainment of employment
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with all BCDSS staff, trainees and those associated with the Council
- Assist trainees with obtaining supportive services as required
- Assist trainees with working in CHOW/Broome Bounty warehouse
- Facilitate Work-Readiness programming
- Ensure that all BCDSS contractual obligations are met and that the systems for compliance are up-to-date
- Ensure proactive communication regarding trainee progress
- Ensure that all local, state, and federal safety standards are in compliance
- Ensure that all BC3 policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure BC3 and BCDSS resources are used in an efficient manner
- Assists in promoting the Council’s mission through various forms of communication including face-to-face, written, electronic and telecommunications.
3. POSITION TITLE: Assistant Store Manager
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, 40 hrs/wk, Non-Exempt
PROGRAM: Greater Good Grocery
SUPERVISOR: Store Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Assistant Store Manager will provide support to the store manager in the oversight of daily store operations. Responsibilities include training staff, solving customer complaints, and maintaining store stock levels and appearance.
- Represents and provides needed assistance when store manager is not present.
- Assists in supervision of day-to-day operations of store team.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations.
- Coaches and supports other team members.
- Handles customer concerns and ensures an appropriate resolution.
- Ensures quality and freshness of products.
- Maintains and monitors store inventory.
- Manages product storage and rotation activities to reduce spoilages and damages.
- Maintains a clean, safe and appealing store.
- Provide excellent customer services for sales growth.
- Other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of one-year prior management and customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving, place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store.
WORK SETTING: Grocery Store
Total Home Deliveries
Number of Food Boxes Distributed in Broome County!
BC Council of Churches has received the prestigious Charity Navigator 4-star rating for sound fiscal management & commitment to accountability & transparency. Click here to view full rating.