Current Openings: One job opening at this time!
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 5th, 2018
POSITION TITLE: CHOW Warehouse Associate
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, (40 hrs.), Non-Exempt
PROGRAM: CHOW/Broome Bounty
SUPERVISOR: CHOW Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Receives general supervision. Assists with Primarius inventory control database for department. Responsible for maintaining and developing processes related to inventory accuracy. Performs weekly food recovery and food deliveries to agencies.
- Supports the ongoing activity to increase inventory accuracy in the warehouse by assuring accurate recording of food received in and distributed from the warehouse.
- Orchestrates weekly spot checks and quarterly inventory procedures.
- Is proficient with Primarius inventory control database.
- Assist in the observation of current practices/procedures and makes recommendations for change.
- Preparation of pantry/Broome Bounty orders.
- Required to drive council vehicle.
- Assists in the supervision and training of volunteer and mandated warehouse staff.
- Consults with program director for any observed incidents that may require disciplinary action.
- Abides by and assists in the enforcing of all warehouse policies and health department rules and regulations.
- Assists with the oversight and facilitation of grounds and facility maintenance.
- Assists with the performance of basic routine safety inspections of all vehicles and informs the manager of any work needed for proper functioning of vehicle.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday carry out Broome Bounty “Small Bread Run”.
- Tuesday and Thursday deliver food orders to agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires the ability to read, write, understand job instructions, match numbers, and maintain inventory records, and use a variety of software packages such as for spreadsheets and databases. Needs to have a high school diploma or GED. Valid clean NYS drivers license is required. Experience in material handling and/or material planning is highly desired. Needs to have good communication skills including ability to persuade others in securing cooperation and/or resolving problems. Needs to be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained. Forklift experience is desired. Ability to lift 50 pounds required.
Works in a warehouse setting. Is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. When required, needs to be able to spend significant amounts of time in front of a computer terminal keyboarding data. Must feel comfortable driving a larger cargo van for extended periods of time and over long distances.
FIAV mileage count 2018
BC Council of Churches has received the prestigious Charity Navigator 4-star rating for sound fiscal management & commitment to accountability & transparency. Click here to view full rating.