BROOME COUNTY, NY – The United Way of Broome County has announced the 2020-2021 grant program recipients.
The organization raised over $1.8 million through various non-profit funding opportunities via the 2019-2020 Annual Community Campaign and investments and are prepared to put the funds back into the community to support local project and programs. money raised is set to support 34 local non-profit organizations with 51 projects and programs that have been designed to provide long term change to support the community’s basic needs, health, education, and financial stability. They were able to accomplish this by utilizing the help of the Strategic Community Grants Programs and Capacity Building Grant Program.
To donate to the 2020-2021 Annual Community Campaign, you can visit their website here for more information.
The local non-profit organizations chosen as recipients are as follows:
• Accord, A Center for Dispute Resolution
• Action for Older Persons
• American Civic Association
• American Red Cross, Southern Tier Chapter
• Big Brothers, Big Sisters of the Twin Tiers
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Binghamton
• Broome County Council of Churches
• Broome County Gang Prevention
• Broome County Urban League
• Broome-Tioga NAACP
• Catholic Charities of Broome County
• Children’s Home of Wyoming Conference
• Cornell Cooperative Extension of Broome County
• Crime Victims Assistance Center
• Deposit Community Center dba Wilson Children’s Center
• Deposit Foundation, Inc.
• Family Counseling Services of Cortland County
• Family Enrichment Network
• Family Planning of South Central New York
• Fenton Free Library
• First Presbyterian Church of Johnson City
• Food Bank of the Southern Tier
• HCA – Helping Celebrate Abilities
• Jewish Community Center of Binghamton
• Life Choices Center
• Literacy Volunteers of Broome-Tioga
• Mental Health Association of the Southern Tier
• Mothers & Babies Perinatal Network
• Rural Health Network of South Central New York
• Sarah Jane Johnson Memorial United Methodist Church
• Stand by Me, Assistance Dog Team Training, Inc.
• Southern Tier Independence Center
• The Bridge Center
• The Salvation Army, Binghamton Corps
• VINES, Volunteers Improving Neighborhood Environments
• Volunteers of America Upstate New York
• YMCA of Broome County
• YWCA of Binghamton/Broome County
Over $117k is committed to 12 local agencies to reinforce capacity building projects in addition to the grant programs.