Explore an old-time Bethlehem marketplace Sunday during a holiday-themed event organized by the Binghamton First Church of the Nazarene.
The church invites visitors to see the array of hands-on activities as they get a feel for the flavors, sights and sounds of Bethlehem — culminating in a guided tour to see Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus amidst live animals.
Stop by the following shops:
- Soup/Bread Shop
- Sweet Shop (cookies)
- Java Joseph’s (hot coffee/tea)
- Spice Shop (making sachet bags with spices and oils)
- Metalworking shop (creating a keepsake from various metals)
- Weaving Shop (wool spinning and creating a weaving keepsake)
- Carpentry Shop (creating a keepsake from wood)
There is no cost for the event, which is offered from 4 to 7 p.m. at 1282 Chenango St. in Binghamton. Donations for the Community Hunger Outreach Warehouse will also be accepted.
For the full article, go to: http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/2015/12/03/church-gives-visitors-taste-old-time-bethlehem/76739494/