EFFECTIVE DATE: June 1st, 2015
POSITION TITLE: Warehouse Assistant
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, 37 ½ hrs., Non-Exempt
PROGRAM: CHOW/Broome Bounty
SUPERVISOR: CHOW Manager of Agency Relations
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Receives general supervision. Maintains Primarius inventory control database for department. Responsible for maintaining and developing processes related to inventory accuracy.
- Supports the ongoing activity to increase inventory accuracy in the warehouse by assuring accurate recording of food received in and distributed from the warehouse.
- Orchestrates weekly spot checks and quarterly inventory procedures.
- Manages Primarius inventory control database.
- Produces inventory and distribution reports monthly and as necessary.
- Produces and sends necessary reports to Food Bank of Southern Tier in absence of Warehouse Manager.
- Analyzes current practices/procedures and makes recommendations/decisions for change.
- May oversee preparation of pantry/Bounty orders in absence of Warehouse Associate.
- May be required to drive council vehicle.
- Assists in the supervision and training of volunteer and mandated warehouse staff.
- Consults with manager and/or program director for any observed incidents which may require disciplinary action.
- Abides by and assists in the enforcing of all warehouse policies and health department rules and regulations.
- Assists with the oversight and facilitation of grounds and facility maintenance.
- Assists with the performance of basic routine safety inspections of all vehicles and informs the manager of any work needed for proper functioning of vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires the ability to read, write, understand job instructions, match numbers, and maintain inventory records, and use a variety of software packages such as for spreadsheets and databases. Needs to have a high school diploma or GED. Valid clean NYS drivers license is required. Experience in material handling and/or material planning is highly desired. Needs to have good communication skills including ability to persuade others in securing cooperation and/or resolving problems. Needs to be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained. Forklift experience is desired. Ability to lift 50 pounds desired.
Works in a warehouse setting. Is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. When required, needs to be able to spend significant amounts of time in front of a computer terminal keyboarding data.