Five steps to becoming a volunteer
- Fill out our Volunteer Application Form. This form can be printed from our website and mailed in or you may come into the Council to fill it out.
- Fill out our Volunteer Liability Release Form. This form can be printed from our website and mailed in or you may come in to the Council to fill it out. This form is mandatory in order to become a volunteer.
- You will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator from The Council letting you know we have your information. They will talk with you about your skills, times available and your interests, some of which has been covered from your registration form. If you do not hear from anyone, please call us at 607-724-9130, Ext. 312.
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation if required for your Volunteer Position.
- Communicate with the Council on how your volunteer work is progressing. We would like to hear from you! You can fill out our Volunteer Feedback Form at any time to let us know how you are doing.
- To make a positive impact for others
- To gain leadership skills
- To work with a particular population
- To receive recognition
- To contribute to a certain cause
- To have fun
- To gain self-esteem
- To fulfill school requirements
- To fulfill service requirements
- To change your routine
- To make community connection
- To make social connections
Take a look at our programs and see if we can help to fulfill your volunteer goals.
Total Home Deliveries
Number of Food Boxes Distributed in Broome County!
BC Council of Churches has received the prestigious Charity Navigator 4-star rating for sound fiscal management & commitment to accountability & transparency. Click here to view full rating.