Cris Mogenson – Jail Ministry Director
- B.A. from Eastern Nazarene College in Quincy, MA; M. Div. Nazarene Theological Seminary in K.C., MO; Doctoral Candidate North Eastern Seminary, Rochester, NY, C.P.E. in K.C., MO; N.Y.C.; and W.V.
- Ordained in the Church of the Nazarene in 1992, and transferred to the Free Methodist Church in 1996, He has served as a pastor for 17 years in TX, NJ, NY, PA & WV. Cris is serving as a supply pastor for the Presbyterian Church USA should be put in it’s place.
- Past institutional experience include two other prisons, three hospitals, rehabilitation facility, inner city shelter, retirement facility, Fire Department, and industrial setting. Cris is the Chairperson of a Salvation Army Service Unit and a board member several county and non-profit agencies.
- President of the New York State Association of Protestant Chaplains which is part of the New York State Council of Churches
- Chaplain for the Civil Air Patrol (Capt.)
- Worship services
- Bible study groups
- One-On-One Visitation
- Literacy Programs
- Life skills
- 12 step Addiction Recovery Groups
- Celebrate Recovery Groups
- Retry services
- Family Support Groups
- Christmas projects for children of inmates
- Christmas projects for inmates.
- The “Prayerole Board”, the official prayer ministry arm of the Jail Ministry
people served in 2018
BC Council of Churches has received the prestigious Charity Navigator 3-star rating for sound fiscal management & commitment to accountability & transparency. Click here to view full rating.