Here is a little more information, some that I just received.
- We are planning on making deliveries tomorrow as scheduled – though at a certain point we may have to suspend normal deliveries
- For people picking up, we are going to continue our “no entrance” policy at the warehouse. We will do it like we did Friday because that seemed to work well.
- The state has limited gatherings to no more than 50 people – so we are suggesting the “take out” meal model. You can figure out how best to distribute those through “drive thru” and/or delivery
- We are working on getting the “to go” boxes so you can have them
- Food Drives/Fund raising – as this is going to tax our finances, we ask that you consider how together we can meet these needs
Also here is tentatively what’s going in the “5 Day Emergency Meal Kit”. We know it’s not perfect, but we want to put together basic easy meals for folks.
5 Day Emergency Kit
- 8 Instant Oatmeal packets
- 2 boxes of mac & cheese
- 2 cans of tuna or other meat
- 2 cans of soup
- 2 cans of spaghettios or raviolis
- 2 cans of vegetables
This is dependent somewhat on what we order in, but that gives an idea of what we’re thinking. This may change depending on availability and as needs are reassessed.
I know this won’t be the last communication, perhaps even for today!
So thank you again for what you do and for your patience as we work through this.
Broome County Council of Churches
3 Otseningo St.
Binghamton, NY 13903
607-724-9130 ext. 317