Virtual CHOW Walk 2020 – October 1-9
The CHOW® Walk is our community’s premiere event to fight hunger in Broome County. This year’s walk will look a little different—we’re hosting our first ever VIRTUAL walk. From October 1-9, we’re walking ¼ mile for the 1 out of 4 children in Broome County that don’t know where their next meal is coming from.
The CHOW® Walk has three important goals:
- To increase awareness about hunger in Broome County.
- To raise funds to help feed our neighbors in need.
- To exercise and have fun!
Hunger is more widespread in Broome County than many people realize, and during COVID-19 this need became even greater. Thanks to donors and businesses like you, CHOW® was able to meet needs in unprecedented ways:
- 4x the average amount of food was distributed between March and May.
- 1,000 home deliveries of food boxes were given to those unable to leave their homes.
- 10,000 emergency food boxes were delivered throughout the area.
- 1,200 gallons of milk were given away.
The fallout of COVID-19 remains, and we are expecting a return to this pace if cases rise in our area. Would you consider walking and making a special donation to fight hunger in Broome County? Click here to donate or begin fundraising today! https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/VirtualCHOWWalk2020
Total Home Deliveries
Number of Food Boxes Distributed in Broome County!
BC Council of Churches has received the prestigious Charity Navigator 4-star rating for sound fiscal management & commitment to accountability & transparency. Click here to view full rating.