CHOW® Hunger Walk
October 6, 2019 at Otsiningo Park
The CHOW Hunger Walk 2019 is our community’s premiere event to fight hunger in Broome County.
This year’s walk will take place on October 6th at Otsiningo Park.
Hunger is more widespread in Broome County than many people realize. 1 in 7 individuals and 1 in 4 children in Broome County struggle with food insecurity.
Together we will:
- Distribute over 2.2 million pounds of food this year, both non-perishable food and fresh, healthy produce
- Feed approximately 3,000 people each month through CHOW’s network of food pantries
- Provide 152,000 meals monthly through community meal sites in the county
- Distribute 4 meals per dollar.
- Provide job training to unemployed parents in Broome County
- Provide nutrition education to those who need it.
Food-A-Bago 2019 - Pounds of Food Collected
Food-A-Bago 2019 - Money Collected
BC Council of Churches has received the prestigious Charity Navigator 4-star rating for sound fiscal management & commitment to accountability & transparency. Click here to view full rating.